The mission for the Senior Backend Engineer is to build and improve the products and services of the platform as a member of an agile team that serves carriers and shippers in the Vehicle Transportation Industry of the United States.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Super Dispatch in general.
- Collaborate on technical projects across teams within Super Dispatch.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to tackle the interesting and challenging problems for building and growing an end-to-end (vehicle) shipping platform in the United States.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team with its mission, comprised of a product manager, UX designer, a frontend engineer, and a QA engineer.
- Architect, design, document, develop, deploy, and operate Python services that serve platform users in a DevOps manner.
- Be a leader of the backend developer community of Super Dispatch affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, you might just thrive at Super Dispatch.
To be successful, you will need a combination of problem-solving, technical, and communication skills.
We expect you are:
- Proactive - you act without being told what to do. You bring new ideas to the company.
- Flexible / Adaptable - you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Move fast - you execute quickly and get things done.
- Growth-driven - you seek growth in learning, efficiency, and celebrate wins.
- Customer-focused - you are truth-seeking individuals who can empathize with customers. You patiently listen and take feedback to solve problems for customers.
- Communication - You can comfortably communicate in English (speaking and writing). You are able to share knowledge and experience with team members via documentation.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience in general, at least 2 years of which is experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You are fluent in at least one Python web framework, such as Django, Flask, Starlette, etc. and willing to build and maintain services in different Python web frameworks.
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You have a good understanding of Systems Design.
- You are a constant learner, you can pick up new programming frameworks and concepts quickly.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You are familiar and have experience with good engineering practices.
- You have hands-on experience building on cloud platforms like GCP / AWS.
- You have a hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- You have experience designing, building, and running distributed systems (e.g., microservices) in a production environment.
You will be collaborating with our engineers located in Europe & Asia. We look for engineers who can adjust their
working hours to the time zones between UTC+6 and UTC+1.