Super Dispatch is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who understands both infrastructure and software development, and can improve the both by using the industry’s best practices and standards.
- Closely collaborate with Engineering/Product teams to improve the development and deployment processes that improves the DevOps culture at the company.
- Own the cloud infrastructure of the Super Dispatch platform: its maintainability, scalability, and reliability.
- Keep the security of the infrastructure and products at high level.
- Improve observability across products and teams, always keep improving the performance of the platform.
- Keep documenting and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Find and remove single points of failure in the systems.
- Bring better practices, tools, and architectures that significantly improves the performance of the teams and systems.
- Designing and implementing of auto-scaling solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Infrastructure on GCP (or AWS) for a medium to large sized company.
- Familiar and has experience with containerization techniques (Docker).
- Proficient with Linux: can write bash scripts, has experience with networking, cron jobs, user management, and understands basic security principles.
- Managing large Kubernetes clusters powering microservice-oriented architectures.
- Experience with IaC (infrastructure as code) frameworks and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience working with monitoring and logging technologies like Datadog, Prometheus, New Relic, EFK.
- Demonstrated expertise for leading cross-team technical engineering initiatives around infrastructure automation, cloud efficiency, and adopting best practices.
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Infrastructure expertise: You have experience scaling production software to support rapid growth, monitoring production systems, and managing resource constraints.
- Working in production: You have experience debugging systems in production. You appreciate the skill and challenge of replacing production components with minimal user disruption. You are able to be on an on-call rotation.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills - you are a great writer, speaker, and listener. You can communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player - you have a collaborative mindset and the ability to build positive relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Open and positive - you have the willingness to learn and are open to criticism and new ideas.
- Proactive - you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives.
- Highly motivated - you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Flexibility - you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, you respond positively to complexity and change.
- Sense of urgency - you thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment.
- Bonus points for: certificates in related fields (Cloud Computing, Infrastructure, CI/CD).
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we're building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
- Have knowledge on how applications run on the cloud, how the performance is measured, how development and deployment are managed.
- Build a roadmap for upcoming improvements and initiatives, start implementing it.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Start measuring and improving the deployment process; remove bottlenecks and challenges with the teams so they can deploy any time they want.
- Experiment with IaC (infrastructure as code) frameworks, start describing the infrastructure using one of them.
- Implement key metrics for the application and infrastructure performance monitoring.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Start expanding your involvement and work with different teams on their challenges and improvements.
- Integrate the best DevOps practices into the development process.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Keep improving the DevOps culture at the company.
- Reach the high performance in the deployment process and running applications on the cloud.
- Leverage tools, applications, and services used by Engineering on the infrastructure.