About the role:
Super Dispatch is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Senior Product Designer at Super Dispatch, your number one job is to solve our customers' problems. You will take design ownership of the Shipper experience, and you will be involved at every step of product development and make independent decisions. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to iterate and build a usable, helpful, and delightful experience that your team can launch.
- Own the user experience end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy
- Demonstrate understanding and apply knowledge of User-centered Design methodologies in your works
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Demonstrate a deep dedication to our customers by investing significant time learning the existing data. Provide usability tests, surveys, and interviews with our customers when needed.
- Build a big-picture vision, instead of quick-fix solutions
- Build a deep understanding of the overall business of Super Dispatch and the Auto Transport industry
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in both one-on-one and group situations
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Provide mentorship to associate and mid-level designers
- Lead meetings and facilitate team activities (brainstorming, design sprints, etc.)
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Ability to tackle complex user and design problems
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment
- You are a storyteller and are able to clearly communicate your design work and your design decisions
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating multiple successfully launched products. In your portfolio, please include:
- What the project was
- The problem(s) it solved
- Your role and process
- Team player - you have a collaborative mindset and the ability to build positive relationships with individuals across the organization
- Open and positive - you have the willingness to learn and are open to criticism and new ideas
- Proactive - you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives
- Highly motivated - you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Flexibility - you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, you respond positively to complexity and change
- Sense of urgency - you thrive in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment
- Growth-driven - you seek growth in learning, efficiency, and celebrate wins
- Customer focus - you are truth-seeking individuals who can empathize with customers. You patiently listen and take feedback to solve problems for customers
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Graduate from Super Dispatch’s company-wide new employee onboarding program. You’ll get caught up with who we are, how we work, and what we're building.
- Understand the full functionality of Super Dispatch products, as well as the greater auto transportation industry and competitive landscape.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Learn and understand how the current Super Dispatch Design System works.
- Learn and understand the design process at Super Dispatch and own every aspect of the design process and collaborate with product managers and engineers to implement features.
- Participate in design reviews give feedback to other designers work and get feedback for your work form other designers in the team.
- Ship your first feature to customers and measure the impact of it.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Design, launch, and support your first big solution/feature. You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering and focus on keeping your stakeholders apprised of progress and updates.
- Be a domain expert of your product area/subdomain.
- Have made a visible impact on the customers' experience with your design solutions.
- Provide your first Show & Tell session to share your experience with the design team.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Lead and direct group design conversations keeping them focused and on track.
- Mentor other designers if needed.
- Identify opportunities to challenge and refine our design processes.
- Collaborate with product leadership and engineering to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Stock options to gain equity through the company's success. Vest monthly for 4 years with a 1-year cliff.
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO). Employees are not limited by vacation days or hours they can take per year. Take the time you need to operate at peak performance. Unlimited PTO covers use for vacation, personal leave, personal business, sick days, and/or holidays.
- Paid parental leave. 12 weeks paid parental leave is provided to give parents additional flexibility and to bond with their new child.
- Remote/work from home friendly. Work from home or from your favorite coffee shop. We support our team in remote work.
- Growth opportunities. It's important to us that the work you do for Super Dispatch helps you grow as an individual, no matter the role. We'll give you the opportunities and resources to develop new skills, take on new responsibilities, and grow in the direction that you want to take your career.
- Gym membership. Super Dispatch covers the cost of a gym membership up to $40 per month. You can join any gym of your choice, anywhere that is convenient for you.